- 1 box (680 g) frozen Compliments Swedish Meatballs
- 1 each red, yellow and orange pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 can (398 mL) pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ketchup
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 4 cups (1 L ) cooked rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Place meatballs, peppers and onion in slow cooker. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) juice (use remaining juice for another purpose). In bowl, mix pineapple chunks, reserved pineapple juice, broth, ketchup, sugar, garlic, paprika and hot pepper flakes. Add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hr. or until meatballs are cooked and vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 2 tbsp (30 mL) water until smooth. Stir into meatball mixture and simmer 15 min. Serve over cooked rice, sprinkled with cilantro.