- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Compliments Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1 teaspoon Sensations Original Dijon Mustard
- 2 ½ pounds London Broil Steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Compliments butter
- Preheat broiler to high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, vinegar, and mustard until smoothly blended; set aside.
- Season meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12- to 14-inch heavy frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add meat and cook without turning until underside is seared and well browned, about 4 minutes. (Vent stove well as meat may splatter).
- Add remaining butter and turn meat over; cook until other side is well browned, 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer meat to a large broiler pan. Broil 4-6 inches from heat until top is sizzling and a bit more browned, about 4 minutes.
- Turn meat over and continue broiling 4 more minutes.
- Quickly spoon sugar mixture over meat and broil until glaze bubbles and meat is rare (120°F) in center (cut to test or measure with an instant read meat thermometer), about 2 more minutes.
- Transfer meat to a carving board and let stand 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut crosswise into thin slices and spoon juices over meat.