- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) dried chickpeas
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
- Cover chickpeas in cold water; soak at least 8 hr. Drain and place in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 1 hr., or until tender. Drain. Arrange chickpeas in single layer on paper towel-lined baking sheet to cool completely. Rub chickpeas between sheets of paper towel to remove skins.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Transfer peeled chickpeas to large bowl. Toss with oil and salt.
- Arrange in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 30 min, stirring every 10 min.; or until chickpeas are golden. Remove from oven. Toss with maple syrup, Cajun seasoning and brown sugar. Return to oven and bake 15 min. Turn off oven and let chickpeas stand in oven 20 min. with door ajar.
- Cool completely before serving. Store in airtight container up to 3 days.