- 10 McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and cut in 1-in. (2.5-cm) chunks
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Combine apples, brown sugar, 1/4 cup (60 mL) water, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, approx. 15 min.
- Using a hand-held blender or food processor, blend the apple mixture to desired level of smoothness.