- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 30 pecan halves to garnish
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). In bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour; mix just until dough begins to hold together. Roll into 1-in. (2.5-cm) balls and place 2 in. (5 cm) apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Slightly flatten dough balls; gently press a pecan half on top of each.
- Bake 20 to 25 min., or until lightly golden.